group home for elderly

Serving Illinois and Wisconsin

Before making the actual move there is usually some paperwork that has to be filled out by the family and the doctor before the new resident can move in, especially if its is licensed and regulated by the state.Depending on the property you choose, the following information is necessary:

  • Medicare card/insurance number
  • Birth Certificate/driver's license
  • Resident physician report (supplied by property completed by physician) - includes physician's name, address and telephone number
  • Contact information of other doctors and dentists
  • Responsible party's name, address and phone
  • Emergency party's name, address and phone
  • Pharmacy name, address and phone
  • Advance directives such as Living Will or Durable Power of Attorney
  • Some properties will also require you to fill out a "DNR" or Do Not Resuscitate" directive

In addition, the community will probably also include an information form for the family to fill out that lists the new residents likes and dislikes, hobbies, prior jobs, family etc. The more information you can include the better, especially in the case of a person who is moving in with memory impairment.

Back to Blogs
senior living housing directory

Hey, your browser is out of date!

We've noticed you're currently using an old version of Internet Explorer. Microsoft no longer offers updates to Internet Explorer, which may cause the site to appear broken. To view our site accurately, we highly recommend you update your browser.
Courtesy of
Senior living experts logo horizontal